On Sat, 03 Mar 2018 10:11:34 -0500
miguel caldas <micald...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> HI,
> I'm having difficulties with what to do in point 5.8.
> As asked, I changed directory to gcc-7.3.0 directory, but when I tried to
> create a "build" directory it wouldn't let me as there was another one with
> that name used for gcc 7.3.0. Although reticent to deviate from the
> instructions in the book, I called this new directory "libbuild" and "CD"
> into it, with the following url: /mnt/LFS/sources/gcc-7.3.0/libbuild
> I tried to configure LIbstdc++ but got the following error messages:
>
> "configure: WARNING: stdbool.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: stdbool.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: stdbool.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: stdbool.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: stdbool.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
> checking for stdbool.h... no
> checking stdalign.h usability... no
> checking stdalign.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: stdalign.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: stdalign.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: stdalign.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: stdalign.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: stdalign.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
> checking for stdalign.h... no
> checking for the value of EOF... configure: error: computing EOF failed"
>
> I imagine that this might have to do with where I putted the build directory,
> but I don't understand how I can do it differently.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You left the toplevel gcc directory lying about after the earlier build. Delete
it completely, then unpack the original tarball and start again from scratch.

That applies to all packages btw. In chapter 6, you will build again many
packages that you already built in chapter 5. Don't build any of them in stale
directories. Always delete completely, then untar.