I'm much too old to have learned C, but I went to look at that file and the
line in question.  It just looked "odd", not indented as the rest of the code
was.  So I blew away the package, reloaded and reran the build script without
"-j 8" so's I could localize any error, but still with -mtune in CFLAGS, and it
ran without a hitch.  Fine, I'll take it.  I don't know where that odd line
came from, but I don't even know if I can reproduce it.  I'll go on from here,
see what happens, if anything.

Apologies for interrupting your weekend.

--
Paul Rogers
paulgrog...@fastmail.fm