On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:06:09 +0200
Frans de Boer <fr...@fransdb.nl> wrote:

> Hazel, sorry but where should I remove phys_to_virt()? If I delete the
> complete if statement in the iounmap function, and replace that with the
> above code, i get compile errors.

  Frans,

You put (do not remove anything) the statement:

if (is_ISA_range(phys_addr, last_addr))
                return (__force void __iomem *)phys_to_virt(phys_addr);

around line 106 of arch/x86/mm/ioremap.c

just before the lines:

        /*
         * Don't allow anybody to remap normal RAM that we're using..
         */
        pfn      = phys_addr >> PAGE_SHIFT;

You can how the older code was altered here:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9847859/

  Mike