On 17/03/2019 20:33, Pei Jia wrote:

Hi, Bruce:

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I actually *boot from grub*, please refer to:

https://www.longervision.cc/bugs/lfs_grub_boot.jpg

It looks *EXT4* module is *NOT* able to load successfully?

Yes, you are right. I AM booting from a *USB stick*, which I actually do *NOT partition the drive*.

From my *HOST Ubuntu 18.04.2*, the USD stick is the drive */dev/sde*, I do NOT have a */dev/sde1* ....

BTW, did I put *rootdelay=10* at the right position?

Thank you very much Bruce

Pei