> sln != sin

Thank you for the clarification. I ran the two commands as specified.
However, I still receive the error about not being able to mmap
libdbus-1.so.

I even went through and reinstalled dbus-1.12.16 (according to the BLFS
instructions not LFS as I had the necessary dependencies), yet the message
still displays when running ldconfig.

The good news is that the issue did not manifest itself again after logging
out and reentering the chroot environment. Whether or not the issue is
truly resolved however will likely depend on how it acts once I am able to
boot into the system again. (I am experiencing a separate issue with GRUB
not being loaded/detected on boot despite the boot option appearing in my
PC BIOS).

Any suggestions to resolving the libdbus error and completing the
transition from System V to systemd? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Jared