On 1/4/2020 12:59 PM, Xi Ruoyao wrote:
On 2020-01-04 10:56 -0700,Alan Feuerbacher wrote:
I'm not sure if this should go to the lfs or blfs support list,
since I'm still in the chroot environment at the end of the LFS
book, but am installing several programs that are useful when
I eventually get systemd running.

I'm building some helpful BLFS programs using Beyond
Linux® From Scratch (systemd Edition) - Version 2020-01-03

At this point I'm trying to build Cyrus SASL-2.1.27 and
OpenLDAP-2.4.48. According to this hint:
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/cyrus-sasl
This page was wrote 14 years ago!

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/cyrus-sasl?action=history

I believe it's outdated and we should remove this URL from the book.
(Well, back in 2006 I was using Windoge XP and didn't know Linux :)
I agree!
Though I don't use OpenLDAP, I think the correct method is to build and install
Cyrus SASL w/o OpenLDAP, then build and install OpenLDAP, then rebuild Cyrus
SASL.  (Just like how we deals Freetype and Harfbuzz.)

That's what I just did, and it seems to work fine.

Alan