Hallo,

> fstrim is now a part of LFS package util-linux.
> For sysvinit I'm not sure how to do this.

thanks for pointing this out. I searched for "fstrim" in the books' ToC
only and missed it.
For SysV you would use a cron job, imho a weekly one would suffice. My
work machine is a RHEL and fstrim was only added recently with the 7
series (I'm on 7.7 right now). When I was running RHEL 6 I booted a live
unix from USB and ran fstrim manually.

Tschau...Thomas
--
Do you wanna be a legend or a passing footprint on the sands of time?