On 3/29/20 9:07 AM, Rob wrote:
In Chapter 6.25, GCC-9.2.0
We're in chroot. All else went ok, and then we have:
Running /sources/gcc-9.2.0/gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/atomic/atomic.exp ...
WARNING: program timed out.
FAIL: gcc.dg/atomic/c11-atomic-exec-5.c   -O1  execution test
WARNING: program timed out.
FAIL: gcc.dg/atomic/c11-atomic-exec-5.c   -O2  execution test
A search seemed to indicate this has something to do with some kind of C
syntax problem. I am not clear, however, if this is something I should be
worried
about.
The discussions kind of went over my head.
What do you all think?

I don't recall seeing this. Are you on a relatively older system? A timeout in a test would indicate that to me. If that is the only problem you see in gcc, then you are probably OK to continue.

  -- Bruce