On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 03:45:13 -0400 Michael Shell <li...@michaelshell.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 23:53:12 +0200
> Stephen Berman <stephen.ber...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> As noted in my reply to Ken, I couldn't cleanly revert the commit in
>> recent mainline or stable kernel sources.
>

> If it were me, in this case, I would even consider manually editing
> the code. It might come to that to find out exactly where the problem
> is.

I wanted to do that, but half of the hunks of the patch failed to apply,
and in at least one case a function was changed that no longer exists,
at least under the name occurring in the patch, so trying to disentangle
this is not straightforward, at least for someone like me who's not
familiar with the code.

> In anycase, please do report this issue to the kernel developers
> and do let us know if you ever find out what the problem was.

Will do.

Steve Berman