On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 10:10:12PM +0300, Greekforce1821 wrote:
>  Hello, I am experiencing some issues with the GCC-9.2.0 library, I am
> using the LFS Version 9.1 .
> When I run the command (su nobody -s /bin/bash -c "PATH=$PATH make -k
> check" ) an unexpected error pops up telling me that I have not free space
> in my drive. I am using the virtualbox as a main virtual controller, the
> last one Ubuntu version 20.04 and 2 drives, 1 for the ubuntu installation
> and another one where I have stored the /mnt/lfs/sources etc. The second
> one has 8GB storage and it is splited in 2 partitions, /dev/sdb1 is the 7GB
> for the /mnt/lfs and the second partition is 1GB of space capacity which I
> use this as SWAP

What matters is the space usage as seen from within chroot.

So, within chroot use 'df' to see what it says.  I can recall that
root is allowed to use the reserved space in filesystems, but
ordinary users are not.  But first you need to confirm which
filesystem is full (probably the lfs filesystem itself, but making
assumptions is often a bad idea).

For a completed system, 7GB might be pokey (even for a small
server), all modern software gets bigger and bigger.  But usually
it's things like debuginfo which take lots of space, so if you
manage to complete the built you can strip some of it out.

ĸen
--
                 See You Later, Holy Poppadom!
                    -- Red Dwarf, The Promised Land