Hello,

    Re the comments from Ken and Bruce, first, thank you for them. I
will quote here from LFS 9.1, section 2.4.1.4 comments on partitioning:

=======================

/boot – Highly recommended. Use this partition to store kernels and
other booting information. To minimize potential boot problems with
larger disks, make this the first physical partition on your first disk
drive. A partition size of 100 megabytes is quite adequate.

=======================

    So, although I read this during the previous LFS 9.1 processes,
since it states "highly recommended", not mandatory, I did not use it.
After all, I have never seen a Linux distro install that requires that
type of setup. I have installed numerous ones from CD/DVD, and having
/dev/sda1 or /dev/hda1 (as the case may be) designated as "/" was always
adequate.

    So, does this mean that going through LFS without having /boot as
the first partition on the first drive basically dooms the grub-install
sequences to a useless result? I would really like to know.

Brian