On Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 08:36:45PM +0100, Frans de Boer wrote:
> On 05/02/2021 20:16, Frans de Boer wrote:
> > On 05/02/2021 16:25, xry...@mengyan1223.wang wrote:
> > > Hi Frans,
> > >
> > > Could you send the result of
> > >
> > > $LFS_TGT-readelf -a $LFS/lib/libc.so.6 | grep ISA
> > >
> > > (in host distro)
> > >
> > > and config.log of glibc (both ch6 and ch8)?
> > >
> > > Sorry for bad formating (using my phone to reply)
> > >
> > Just started recompiling glibc 2.33 (ch8) after change to binutils
> > 2.35.2. Ik keep you informed using this list.
> >
> > Frans
> Okay, I get the same message when compiling with binutils 2.35.2.

Hi Frans,

sorry my suggestion has delayed you getting closer to the problem.
For the little it is worth, I've just tried building glibc-2.33 on a
zen1 (so, it is unlikely to replicate your error) in a completed
system with binutils-2.35.1, headers from linux-5.9 and running a
5.10.2 kernel.

That sailed through, but with one error in the glibc tests:
FAIL: elf/tst-cpu-features-cpuinfo

I guess that means glibc-2.36 is needed to use the new HWCAPS
abilities when building binaries (no other failures, but this is on
a completed system, not in chroot).

And I must admit I'm surprised DESTDIR works, I thought glibc used
to required a different variation (INSTALL_ROOT or something like
that).

I'll go back to rebuilding my firefoxes (built 86.0b5 last night for
testing, but that too had the vulnerability, 86.0b6 has had the fix)
and looking at security advisories ;-)

ĸen
--
Any attempt to brew coffee with a teapot should result in the error
code "418 I'm a teapot". The resulting entity body MAY be short and