Hallo,

>> is it possible to query the "breadcrumb" of a grub boot process?
>> Is there a query function that I can use to find out how my system got
>> bootstrapped?

> Use a single boot partition and install grub to use that.

I can understand the rationale and the bigger picture for the recommendation
but I'd like to better understand the inner workings of grub.
This is the main reason why I asked.

I'm doing devops for lots of machines where I can't change the boot layout (big
company, policies, governance etc.).
Most of them really have 2 partitions (similar to the concept of Android A/B
emmc layout).
I want to find out the boot process breadcrumb to be sure where things are
getting installed to.

Stay healthy,
Thomas
--
"Do you wanna be a legend or a passing footprint on the sands of time?"