On Wed, 2021-03-24 at 15:15 +0100, Patrick Frisch wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> thank you for your reply
>
> Am 24.03.21 um 14:37 schrieb Pierre Labastie:
> > The `cp' command copies "include" and all its subdirs to $LFS/usr. So
> > they land
> > where they are expected to land.
>
> Ah, I see my error, I did not create the directories as stated in
> chapter 4.2. In this chapter it is stated, that these directories are
> important to be there for chapter 6 and chapter 8, that they are now
> needed for chapter 5 as well is never mentioned, and frankly, I didn't
> expect that from my former experience.

Actually, I think we have not thought of chapter 5 glibc when writing:
"The first task performed in the LFS partition is to create a limited directory
hierarchy so that programs compiled in Chapter 6 may be installed in their final
location. This is needed so that those temporary programs be overwritten when
rebuilding them in Chapter 8."

Actually, glibc too is installed in its final location, not only chapter 6
programs.
Thanks for reporting!

Pierre