On 4/3/21 10:08 AM, Thomas Seeling wrote:
Hallo dear list,

for years I have a small helper in /etc/profile.d to search for an
existing ssh-agent instance for my user and set the SSH_* environment
variables accordingly if it finds one. If none is running it does the
usual eval $(ssh-agent) thing.

In the last days I built LFS 10.1 systemd version to compare sysV and
systemd styles and educate myself further.

When exiting and re-entering I noticed that it asks me - again - for my
SSH key credentials and eventually my previous instance of ssh-agent is
gone.

Is it standard behaviour of systemd to kill all processes since login?
My sysV install behaves like expected and ssh-agent stays alive. How
would I start ssh-agent so that it will survive logoff? An additional
layer of "nohup"?

Stay healthy,
Thomas
--
Do you wanna be a legend or a passing footprint on the sands of time?

Hi Thomas,

Try setting KillUserProcesses=no in /etc/systemd/logind.conf. That should do the trick for what you're looking to do

- Doug