On 4/9/2021 5:16 AM, Scott Andrews wrote:
This script is not intended to run with ash, the she bang line is as follows

#!/bin/bash --posix

My apologies for the duplicate reply Scott, I didn't reply to list.

Unfortunately, init-functions is a special case. You cannot guarantee that the calling script will use /bin/bash. That script will be run under whatever interpreter is used by the calling script (the schebang in init-functions is basically meaningless). When making any changes in init-functions, you have to test at least under dash (it's not a 1:1 for AST/AT&T ash, but close enough, and building AST ash is likely a non-starter now days). You don't get a choice here, it has to be sh compliant because we have no control over what a vendor supplied script will use.

--DJ