On Monday 19 April 2004 14:22, Alexander V. Lukyanov wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:42:31PM +0300, Nikos Mavroyanopoulos wrote:

> > If I use "set ftp:ssl-force yes" and open a connection to
> > an ftp-tls server lftp proceeds normally even if this server
> > does not advertise support for tls.
> > It seems that lftp tries "AUTH TLS" only to servers that include
> > it into the FEAT responce, even if ssl-force is specified.
> Please try attached patch.
Works perfectly fine. Thank you.

> > It might also be a usefull to be able to force tls for ftp by just using
> > the command line (just as the deprecated ftps://  url scheme does).
> ftps schema makes SSL connection at the very beginning even without AUTH
> command.
I know. My point was a bit complicated. In the case of old ftps servers
I can easily request "lftp ftps://[EMAIL PROTECTED]/etc/" and have a secure
connection without any fear for the password to leak.

In modern servers (with AUTH TLS), I need to add the "ftp:ssl-force"
in the config file or I risk my password to be transmited in plain.
This makes it easy for someone to be fooled and transmit his password in
plain. Having a cmd flag "-s" that behaves as ssl-force or a even a different
url might help. Ok I may have gone too far...

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos