I've tried using the --scan-all-first option on a mirror script.  I can
reproduce with this single command on both 32bit and 64bit Cygwin:

set mirror:parallel-directories on
mirror -e -c --scan-all-first --delete-first --depth-first --use-cache \
  -X '*' -i '^(x86|x86_64|noarch)/' -X md5.sum -x \
  '/(Cygwin64|cygwin32(-[^/]*)?)/' \
  --script=cygwin.lftp \
  http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ \
  /mnt/mirror/cygwin

While it seems to start out massively faster (which is what I hoped for)
than without this option, in short time a stack corruption occurs:

assertion "stack_ptr>0" failed: file
"/mnt/share/packages/lftp.x86_64/src/lftp-4.6.1/src/SMTask.cc", line 156,
function: static void SMTask::Leave(SMTask*)

Running under gdb didn't give a better clue since all five threads are
reported as having a corrupt stack.  I've increased the stack and heap
sizes to no avail.  Running the same command on Linux works without an
error, looking at the echo and the network utilization it would seem
that the crash on Cygwin happens when the first reconnect delay kicks
in.  Switching mirror:parallel-directories off keeps lftp from crashing,
but also makes the operation much slower.  Based on that observation
I've limited net:connection-limit instead to 256 by binary search.  That
produces a short peak of high network traffic (mostly upstream!) at the
beginning, then drops to almost zero as the limit is reached.

Independently of whether lftp crashes, hitting a server with so many
connections at once strikes me as an odd thing to do, so the default for
these connection parameters might need to be tuned a bit.

Regards,
Achim.