I have been using LFTP (version 3.7.8) on Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) successfully for
some time, but I now have a strange problem accessing one ftp server. It still
works to other servers.

If I use the standard FTP program to this server, everything works fine - I can
login, change directories, list directories and download /upload files.

However, if I use LFTP then I can login and change directories, but if I try to
list directories or download / upload, LFTP hangs at
  " [Making data connection....]".  I can only quit with CTRL-C.

If I use a second window to do a netstat -t, I see the following:

localserver : 58180  ftpserver : 50029  SYN_SENT
localserver : 58848  ftpserver : ftp    ESTABLISHED

When I use the standard FTP program, everything works fine.  If I do a netstat
-t in a second window during a directory listing or download, I get:

localserver : 41422  ftpserver : 29416  ESTABLISHED
localserver : 53559  ftpserver : ftp    ESTABLISHED

In LFTP all the settings are at their default.  I tried changing
ftp:passive-mode to be OFF,  but when I did that it hung at "[ Waiting for data
connection ...]"

Many thanks for any suggestions,

Adam Salkin

(I apologize if this is a duplicate post - I sent something several hours ago
but it did not get posted)