Alexander,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Alexander V. Lukyanov <l...@netis.ru>wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 04:57:38PM -0600, George Neill wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I am trying to grab a file from a ftp site without landing it to disk ...
> >
> > lftp -e 'set net:timeout 10; set cmd:verbose false; cat a_dir/a_file.txt;
> > bye' a_host  > myfile.txt
> >
> > However, I seem to be getting, "xxxxx bytes transferred" at the end of my
> > file. Am I using this wrong, or is there a way to make this either write
> > stderr, or disable it?
>
> Use redirection _inside_ of lftp:
>        lftp -e 'cat a_dir/a_file.txt > myfile.txt; bye' a_host

Again my goal is to not land a file to disk ... I am guessing I am going to
have to trick it with ...

lftp -e 'cat a_dir/a_file.txt > /dev/stdout; bye' a_host

to remove the status message.  It'd be nice if one could disable/redirect
the status message to somewhere else.

Thanks for your input!

Later,
George