Hello,

I have got a problem while using the lftp-client (version 4.0.2) with ubuntu.
(A co-worker of mine tried it with version 4.3.6, but got the same problem)
I'd like to connect to a ws-ftp server and execute the "put" and "cd" command.

Here is my way of using lftp:
lftp -u [USERNAME],[PASSWORD] -e "set ftp:ssl-protect-data true && set net:max-retries 1 && cd [PATH/TO/REMOTE/FOLDER] && put [PATH/TO/LOCAL/FILE] && exit" [SERVER]

What I see then is the following:
cd [PATH/TO/REMOTE/FOLDER] [Connect...]

and after that there comes this message:
cd: Fatal Error: max-retries is exceeded

I think the lftp client can connect to the server and it is possible to execute the "set ftp:..." and "set net:..." commands but when I try to do a "cd" or "put" there is the "[Connect...]" -status. I don't know why.

To access to the server I have to use SSL in transparent Mode. I can't use a RSA-Keyfile or something like this.
The Admin of the server told me (by e-mail) that this is a ws-ftp server.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Thank you very much.

Greetings

Andreas