Hello-

We are running lftp from cron to connect to an external vendor and
download files once a night.
The file we download are made available for one day, and they delete
the old ones nightly. We want
to archive these file on our side forever so we mirror once a night.

We seem to have stumbled across what kind of looks like a race
condition that causes lftp to remove files from
our local filesystem.

What appears to happen is that lftp connects to the remote server and
starts to build a list of the files
it has to transfer, and before those files actually get transfered,
the remote end purges them. In the log,
we see a ton of messages like this:

mirror: Access failed: 550 Requested action not taken. Message not
found. (FILENAME_REMOVED)
mirror: Access failed: 550 Requested action not taken. Message not
found. (FILENAME_REMOVED)
mirror: Access failed: 550 Requested action not taken. Message not
found. (FILENAME_REMOVED)
mirror: Access failed: 550 Requested action not taken. Message not
found. (FILENAME_REMOVED)

However, the files are being deleted on our end as well when they
shouldn't be. To work around this,
we moved the start time of the script but I am curious if this is
expected behavior?

Thanks