On 13 November 2012 09:42, Alexander V. Lukyanov <l...@netis.ru> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 09:52:16PM +0000, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> I issue simple commands: connect
>> lftp sftp://myuser:myp...@example.com
>> then ls to list.
>>
>> The strange thing is that everything works very well in 1) case.
>> In case 2) on Debian, it lftp hangs connecting:
>>
>> ~> ls
>> `ls' at 0 [Connecting...]
>>
>> and I only can interrupt.
>>
>> I assume SFTP should work in both environments as both have
>> GnuTLS support. Isn't it?
>
> sftp does not use gnutls at all, it calls ssh to connect to remote server.
> Try to run ssh yourself and connect to the server.

Now I see, I wasn't sure about that.
The server I'm trying to reach does not allow shell access (scp/ssh is
not allowed),
so I can only connect through sftp (not ftps).

The problem above is not solved. It was caused by connection timeout,
because the server was discarding connections.

Sorry for false alarm and thanks for help!

Best regards,