On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 01:22:59PM -0500, Edwin Leung - SENES Consultants wrote:
> Hi,
> Our system is running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.1 SP2 with lftp
> version 3.6 installed.
>
> I was trying to install latest version lftp-4.4.15 and it shows the
> following error at the end.
>
> checking for LIBGNUTLS... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (gnutls >= 1.0.0) were not met:
>
> I checked and LIBGNUTLS libraries are already installed.

It's common in Linux distributions to have different packages for
runtime libraries needed to use a library and for the things you need
for develop against a library like headers, pkg-config .pc files, etc.

In the RPM world, it's commonly split into 'foobar' and 'foobar-devel'.

Check your package repositories for -devel packages if you intend to
use a library at build time.

Some distributions have ways to get all the build-dependencies for a
particular package which might get you somewhat on the way, but I'd
recommend that you verify that you've actually got -devel packages for
the things you think you do.

--
Lars Viklund | z...@acc.umu.se