http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/would-not-worship-a-homophobic-god-tutu/article4962118.ece

South African peace icon Desmond Tutu has said he would rather go to hell
than worship a homophobic God, likening the fight against gay prejudice to
the anti-apartheid struggle.

“I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean
I would much rather go to the other place,” said the retired Archbishop at
the launch of a United Nations gay equality campaign in Cape Town.

“I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel
about this,” he said, condemning the use of religious justification for
anti-gay prejudice.

Archbishop Tutu compared the project to the fight South Africans waged to
end the former white racist minority rule, a struggle in which he played a
pivotal role. “I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about
apartheid. For me, it is at the same level.” — AFP