Dear friends

Over the last six months there has been a series of attacks ongoing on
hijas and transwomen in Hyderabad. The first set of 15 attacks were by
groups of men who were attacking transwomen on the streets by hitting them
on the head with stones and broken beer bottles. Now a new group of men are
attacking transwomen with knives, slashing them if they do not hand over
enough money. We are actively fighting this by organizing the community on
the streets.

We are having a public meeting and dharna on *10th October *in Hyderabad to
protest the atrocities and to assert the visibility, humanity and systemic
exclusion faced by trans people.

This will be at *Indira park dharna sthal, from 3 to 5 pm.*

At this Swabhimana Sabha, hijras and transgenders from many districts of
Telangana including Warangal, Adilabad, Khammam,  Karimnagar, Nalgonda,
Medak and Rangareddy will be gathering in large numbers. We will be asking
for the implementation of the NALSA judgment and the institution of a Hijra
and Transgender welfare board by the new Telangana government.

Please join if you can,

with love
Kaveri (Bittu)