Hi.

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Alex Converse <alex.conve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM, İsmail Dönmez <ism...@namtrac.org> wrote:
>> Hi;

>>> #include <stdio.h>
>>> void x(char y[25]) { printf("%zu\n", sizeof(y)); }
>>> int main(void) { char z[26]; x(z); }
>>>
>>> $ ./a.out
>>> 8
>>
>> I think the question is, does FATE pass? If not, then we have to update the
>> reference, if yes then wma tests are unsurprisingly incomplete.
>> Regards,
>> ismail
>>

> $ make fate-wmavoice-11k  fate-wmavoice-19k  fate-wmavoice-7k
> HOSTCC  tests/tiny_psnr.o
> HOSTCC  tests/tiny_psnr
> TEST    wmavoice-11k
> TEST    wmavoice-19k
> TEST    wmavoice-7k
>

> wma tests are unsurprisingly incomplete.

No, the WMA Voice tests don't test this particular error condition
(codec referencing an uninitialized vmbtree entry).
0xff=-1=interpreted as an error in the codec, default=av_mallocz()
return=0 means that if the tree entry was uninitialized (broken file),
codec acts as if it was a valid file and probably outputs noise.
Nothing particularly bad.

Oink. Patch OK.

Ronald