On 8/22/11 4:04 PM, Måns Rullgård wrote:
Luca Barbato<lu_z...@gentoo.org>  writes:

On 8/22/11 11:54 AM, Måns Rullgård wrote:
But that *is* the coded width/height.  Using those as display
width/height is broken.

then we have a documentation hole, which field contains the correct values?

Both are correct but for different things.  coded_{width,height} are the
actual pixel dimensions of the image including padding to a macroblock
multiple (or other padding).  Plain width/height is the display size to
be cropped from the full coded image.  This is how it always has been.

Then we have an huge bug in the documentation AND in the code. we are setting width and eight to be the coded_width/coded_height if present.

Anything using those values differently is broken and should be fixed.

- doxy documentation for the fields
- codec open functions

In some cases the container may specify additional cropping which I'm
not sure where it's supposed to be reported.

possibly in the avformat stream context and not in the codec context I guess.

lu