On Sun, 2011-12-18 at 19:22 +0000, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> The next release will have the field marked deprecated, and the one
> after that will remove it.  That's how we roll.

BTW doesn't the version check in the patch fail to match this? If you
follow this policy, the next release will probably remove some other
symbol or field and thus need to bump major version to 54 (I didn't
verify this but I think there was something that was deprecated at the
last release with major equaling current 53). But the check in the patch
would then drop the age field at that point already, rather than keep it
until the release after that.