On 01/19/2012 04:55 PM, Luca Barbato wrote:

> On 19/01/12 12:14, Justin Ruggles wrote:
>> This combination is quite odd and almost certainly a bug if
>> it happens.
>
> Why it would happen?

Only if an encoder has both CODEC_CAP_VARIABLE_FRAME_SIZE and
CODEC_CAP_DELAY set and doesn't use encode2(). We don't have any such
encoders, and any new audio encoders should use encode2().

The problem would be that nb_samples could be zero at that point, which
would mean we try to allocate a 0-size output packet. So an
av_assert0(nb_samples) would work too. It's really more of a "this
shouldn't ever happen" case anyway.

-Justin