On Mon, 18 Jun 2012, Måns Rullgård wrote:

Martin Storsjö <mar...@martin.st> writes:

This function is like _aligned_malloc(), but part of the statically
linked mingw runtime, so it's available regardless of the targeted
MSVCRT version.
---
 configure       |    4 +++-
 libavutil/mem.c |    6 ++++++

The question is, do we care about msvcrt versions that don't have
_aligned_malloc?  If not, selecting a recent enough msvcrt version (by
adding the appropriate -D flag) achieves the same goal without the
clutter.

That's a valid point.

I checked, and it doesn't seem to be present in the Win2k version of msvcrt.dll, and I think we still run on that platform.

// Martin