On Monday, July 9, 2012, Thibaut VARENE <vare...@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Sean McGovern <gsean...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Without knowing which command is used and what its output actually looks
>>> like, there is nothing I can do.
>>>

>> Hello Thibaut,
>
> Hi,
>
>> Is there any chance you could verify which of the MD5 checksum commands
in
>> tests/md5.she is being used on these PPC Darwin FATE runs?
>
> I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do there. Care to guide me a little? ;)
> Note that Mik has full access to this machine and to the testsuite
> running on this machine.

Hi Thibaut and Michael,

In the Libav source tree, tests/md5.sh contains 4 different ways of getting
an MD5 checksum for comparison with a known value. Recently, these tests
have been "failing" on PPC Darwin (my x86_64 versions run on 10.6 Snow
Leopard don't have the same failure). I need to know which of the 4
commands are being used on that run. This would most likely involve
commenting them out one-by-one and running 1 of the failing FATE tests.

-- Sean McG.