On 09/27/2012 08:20 PM, Dale Curtis wrote:
> The seeking issue turned out to be a bug on my part with a confusingly
> named indicator for seekability. I was setting the AVIOContext->seekable to
> the opposite of what it should be.

Ahh, I see. Good to know ^^;

> I'm not sure why webm and mp4 seeking
> worked but ogg did not with the flag turned off. Perhaps something to do
> with the binary search approach used by ogg vs having seek indices
> available in webm and mp4.

Look like something worth more investigation, thanks for the heads up.

> The Chrome side patch set is here if you're curious:
> http://codereview.chromium.org/10912080/

+ av_dict_set(&format_context->metadata, "skip_id3v1_tags", "", 0);

Looks like you might like a nicer way to turn off that. ^^

Regarding closing the codec context looks like there is something worthy
some more attention and discussion:

avformat_free_context() does not call avcodec_close even if
find stream info does call avcodec_open2.

lu