On Mon, 1 Oct 2012, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:

On 01/10/2012 13:02, Martin Storsjö wrote:

+    /* VAD is activated with VBR or can be turned on by itself */
+    if (s->vad)
+       speex_encoder_ctl(s->enc_state, SPEEX_SET_VAD, &s->vad);
+

If you always called this, with s->vad == 0, would it matter?

Not really, I think. Currently, for VBR mode, VAD is already implicity enabled, and the case where s->vad is set to 1 in VBR mode at the head of the patch is just for consistency. If these lines are changed to unconditionally set the SPEEX_SET_VAD option, then it's more important to keep the s->vad field in sync (otherwise we could accidentally disable it if we don't keep track of things properly).

I don't have much opinion whichever way it's done though.

// Martin