Hi,

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Luca Barbato <lu_z...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 10/14/2012 10:43 PM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> You asked me to add those ^^;
>>
>> Uhm, ok, maybe I meant something else? I mean, there really isn't much
>> use for 9-15bpp alpha channels as far as I know. 8bpp is obvious and I
>> can sort of see 16bpp being useful (although I don't think I've ever
>> seen it used).
>>
>>> BTW while I was investigating I noticed
>>> all the previous 9 and 10 formats look strange, if you have time we
>>> could have a look.
>>
>> Can you elaborate?
>
> try this command
>
> ./avconv -v quiet -nostats -y -cpuflags all -i ./tests/vsynth1/%02d.pgm
> -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p10 -f nut - | ./avplay -
>
> You will see it blue tinted while it should be gray.
>
> (you might need to apply my yet to be reviewed patch to fix nut with
> rawvideo).

Well yes, can we first sort out this stuff without nut? I mean, I
really don't have much reason to trust nut at this moment. When you
test a typical conversion (convert that thing to nut without
colorspace conversion, and then ./avplay -vf format=yuv420p10le), it
works, so the colorspace conversion itself is correct.

Ronald