Hi,

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While testing an mpegts stream I found what appears to be a bug in the
> H.264 decoder that only happens on certain processors.
>
> The stream is here[1], but I've split the specific chunks I get from
> the demuxer. They are not complete access-units, but I've set the flag
> CODEC_FLAG2_CHUNKS. On one laptop it works perfectly fine, on another
> I get a bunch of corruption, errors, and valgrind complains that wrong
> memory accesses. The first one is a Core i5, the other a Core i7.
>
> This happens both on v0.8.3 and the master branch.
>
> If I use GStreamer's H.264 parser to aggregate the NAL units into
> access-units, it works fine.
>
> Any ideas?

Aren't you supposed to use the internal h264 parser to do the chunking
before feeding it into the decoder if you choose to not use the
built-in demuxers? (The built-in ones will automatically call the
parser for you if you call av_read_frame() instead of
av_read_packet().)

Or in other words, is this in any way reproducible with avconv/avplay?

Ronald