On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 11:12:34 -0800, John Stebbins <stebb...@jetheaddev.com>
wrote:
> On 11/16/2012 09:46 AM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 09:32:51 -0700, John Stebbins <stebb...@jetheaddev.com>
> > wrote:
> >>>

> >> Patch updated to apply cleanly to head.
> >>

> > The docs say pts is supposed to be in AV_TIME_BASE, while the packet pts is
> > presumable in the decoder timebase.
> >
> > Not sure if the other subs decoders follow this though... Are you familiar
> > with
> > them?
> >

> None of the other subtitle decoders even set AVSubtitle->pts as far as I can
> see.
> There are probably multiple problems here.  Given that AVPacket documentation
> says the input packet pts is in AVStream->time_base units, and AVStream is
> not available to the decoder, how is this time_base conversion suppose to
> be performed?

The caller can convert it to the decoder timebase. That is the same e.g. for
audio, where you need to rescale the pts you send to the decoder for it to be
able to handle delay (this is not done now iirc, but Justin has plans i think).

FWIW I'm fine with the patch as is for now, until someone comes to resolve the
whole subtitle mess.

--
Anton Khirnov