Hi,

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Diego Biurrun <di...@biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 03:43:04PM +0100, Christophe Gisquet wrote:
>>
>> PS: no idea why firefox/gmail treats those patches as octet-stream,
>> and how to fix that.
>
> Ronald wrote about this a while back, but there seems to be no easy
> solution:
>
> http://blogs.gnome.org/rbultje/2009/03/04/firefox-gmail-and-content-type-of-attachments/

The solution is basically to use git send-email, not gmail. git
send-email can use your gmail account as smtp, if wanted. I can help
you set that up if this doesn't help enough:

http://morefedora.blogspot.com/2009/02/configuring-git-send-email-to-use-gmail.html

(This is kind of a pain on Fedora, since you'll first have to install
a bunch of perl extensions. I'm gonna hope you're not using a Mac at
this point. See
http://kbase.wincent.com/old/knowledge-base/Installing_Net::SMTP::SSL_for_sending_patches_with_Git_over_secure_SMTP.html
for gory details.)

Ronald