mashiat.sar...@gmail.com wrote:

The thing is, unless the picture is interlaced field coded, numref
shouldn't be 1. The fact that numref is 1 implies that it's interlaced
field coded picture and a pred_flag pointer has been passed to the
function. Since this is happening for the sample Vladimir mentioned, it
means either the file is broken or we are doing something wrong
elsewhere. In any case, I would like to have a look at the sample. I
have nothing against the patch, just want to make sure that it is not
masking the real issue hiding somewhere else.

see other mail, num_ref is 1, but no pred_flag has been passed.