On 25/11/13 16:41, John Stebbins wrote:

> Just verifying, this is the preferred style?  Because I see several
> other places in the code that enclose single lines in braces.

Basically

if (!foo)
    bar = small_function(a, b);

if ((large condition()) != blah)) {
    bar = do_something_with_a_(lot, of, args,
                               and + computation,
                               over more lines);
}

In words, if the condition is short and/or the single line conditional
statement is short and it isn't the last item of an if () { } else {},
drop the braces, keep them otherwise.

> I even
> see some other pending patches that are adding code that does this. I
> prefer the extra braces for readability and it makes it so future
> patches don't require as much formatting changes.

Personally I do agree, but the coding style is a compromise =)

> And treating pointers as booleans is a pet peeve of mine.  The code
> is more self documenting if you compare pointers to pointers, ints to
> ints and save boolean operators for things that are truly meant to be
> boolean. But if this is libav way, I won't say any more about it.

Thank you =)

lu