On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Luca Barbato <lu_z...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 06/03/14 22:08, James Almer wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes.
>>
>> The current stable version (x265 0.8) has X265_BUILD == 7. This change
>> would make libav 10 only support the development branch, and most users
>> and even distros usually prefer compiling using stable versions of
>> every library.
>
> I'm not sure, given the current level of development at least in Gentoo
> I'd track it as it comes.

So libx265 is an even worse API bumping nightmare than libx264?

Meh. ATM, I see three options what to do in release/10:

 1) drop the libx264 wrapper
 2) leave it with X265_BUILD == 7
 3) continue to backport patches to support newer builds as long as
it's safe and easy to do.

I'm not sure what's the best way to proceed from here.

--
regards,
    Reinhard