Le jeudi 20 mars 2014, 18:31:19 wm4 a écrit :
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:10:23 +0200
>
> Rémi Denis-Courmont <r...@remlab.net> wrote:
> > Le jeudi 20 mars 2014, 19:03:29 Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> > > This was the last bit of codec-specific handling in VLC.
> >
> > Well, almost last. (Still special H.264 case for reference frames count.)
>
> av_vdpau_get_nb_reference_frames()?

I think creating (and destroying) the VdpDecoder from within lavc would make
more sense. At least VLC does not use the reference frames count for any other
purpose than calling VdpDecoderCreate().

Of course, the level check could also be moved to lavc as well, in which case
this patch would be superseded.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/