On Fri, 14 Nov 2014, Anton Khirnov wrote:

The patch look mostly fine, the only part I'm not sure of is this.

One point is that you have to call w32thread_init() with win32 threads.

Actually, w32thread_init only initializes the condition variable part, so the mutex wrappers should work fine without init. It's of course potentially prone to break if someone was to change the internals of the w32threads wrapper, but I'd hope nobody does that without checking how it's used.

Perhaps it'd be better to handle this on the configure level -- i.e.
provide pthread.h replacement automagically without having to handle it
in each file? I see w32thread_init only does something on old windows
versions -- which ones are those exactly? Do we still care about them?

It's necessary for pre-vista compatibility. Yes, XP is EOL'd but I'd be a little bit hesitant to drop support for it already (I still use an XP VM for quite a bit of testing).

// Martin