Le jeudi 18 décembre 2014, 22:55:06 Anton Khirnov a écrit :
> Overall I'm not entirely happy with the API creep, but as I cannot
> suggest any better way, I'm mostly fine with this set.

There are three other ways I can suggest.

The first one is to use different pixel formats, and I only mention it for the
sake of completeness because nobody likes that idea except me.

Another option is for the application to call avcodec_default_get_format(),
match the unaccelerated pixel format to a hardware surface chroma type and to
the size requirements. That is a little bit uglier in my opinion, and means
more per-application copycat code.

The last option is to store the needed bits directly in the context. That
would be awful though.

I think adding the new function from patch 4 is yet the cleanest and least
invasive solution.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/