Hendrik Leppkes <h.lepp...@gmail.com> writes:

>> I'd rather reimplement small light crypto primitives when needed if you
>> are thinking about them.
>
> First Rule of Crypto: Don't roll your own.

I'm not sure what crypto libav needs, but if it's basic stuff like,
e.g., aes, sha1, and hmac, it should be no big deal to have wrapper
functions invoking either openssl or nettle depending on the
configuration. (Nettle is the library which current gnutls uses for the
lower-level crypto, and which I happen to be the main author of).

Regards,
/Niels