On Wed, 27 May 2015, Vittorio Giovara wrote:

Bump the minimum libvpx version to 1.4.0 so that all pixel
formats are present. Add new VP9 profiles.

Sorry to be a bit late to the party, but how bad would it be to keep compat with older versions? Was there any other argument for dropping older versions than "because we can", and "x265 did it"? Allowing people to build with the earlier versions with the reduced (old/existing) featureset is something that I'd appreciate. I think x265 might have been a bit special case since that involved a bigger API change than this, to the point that keeping compat would be uglier?

Or would it require some ugly static initialization of the pixfmt list? In that case I guess it can be argued that it's simpler just to bump the requirement.

// Martin