On 26.05.2015 20:48, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 26/05/15 20:42, Andreas Cadhalpun wrote:
>> The function doesn't return error codes, which is a bit strange.
>
> Exactly that

I think errors in mov_build_index are ignored on purpose, so adding
error codes wouldn't help a lot, because forwarding them would break
FATE tests.

> and I'm not sure if some user would want to get this stream
> even if is "absurd", thus why I'd rather either provide the packets
> marking them as corrupted or provide a switch by using our "explode"
> feature to drop, take or stop once you find them.
>
> Would be possible to have metadata-only empty packets this way?

As I said I think the spec implies that such a stream is invalid,
so I'd like to see a sample where it is useful, before worrying about
supporting it.
Additionally your suggested changes would defeat the primary purpose
of this patch, which is to significantly speed up processing of some
broken files.

Best regards,
Andreas