On 9/6/2015 5:56 PM, Ganesh Ajjanagadde wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am speaking on behalf of ffmpeg here regarding the question of ABI

Speaking on behalf of the project would have at least required asking
other devs if they were ok with that first.

> compatibility with ffmpeg. Recent patch:
> https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2015-September/178480.html
> and other discussion reflects a change in policy of ffmpeg; with most
> devs in ffmpeg not caring about ABI compatibility with libav anymore.

There has been no change in any policy yet, just an attempt to put it
in the agenda.
I made sure that for the time being compatibility is still in place,
and it will remain as such until an actual consensus is reached.