Quoting Kieran Kunhya (2015-11-09 00:03:53)
> On 8 November 2015 at 20:31, Derek Buitenhuis
> <derek.buitenh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/8/2015 7:57 PM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> >> Checking the codec context parameters to find out this information is
> >> far too unreliable to be useful, so it is safer to assume B-frames are
> >> always present.
> >> ---
> >>  libavformat/mxfenc.c | 2 +-
> >>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
> >
> > Isn't this kind of suboptimal for intra-only stuff like DCP
> > or one of the many mezzanine formats that use mxf?
>
> Yeah would probably break decoders which are capable of intra-only or
> some weird mxf madness.

This is just for mpeg2 video. I have no idea what it does for othe
codecs.

And note that it's already broken right now, since it assumes
AVStream.codec is the encoding context, which might not be true.

If you think it's important, we could conceivably export the
is-intra-only information as side data from encoders.

--
Anton Khirnov