On 03.12.2015 01:53, Vittorio Giovara wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Andreas Cadhalpun
> <andreas.cadhal...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> So this deprecating seems fine, but an entry in APIchanges would be nice.
>
> I'm hesitant about this, this removal, and the the changes from global
> to codec private (i have more in a branch) might pollute a little too
> much the file.

The purpose of APIchanges is to list such changes, so I don't think they
can "pollute" that file, by definition.

> Maybe we could do a single entry that list all the
> fields that got removed before release?

I wouldn't put all removals into one entry, but I'm fine with grouping
similar ones together. So you could add an entry for the changes from
global to codec private with a list of the affected fields and just
add to the list further such changes, as they happen.

That way it shouldn't take too much space in APIchanges, while still
keeping that file up-to-date.

Best regards,
Andreas